Taylor Academy is a non-uniform school. Students are allowed to wear school clothing that meets mandatory "General Dress Code Requirements."
General Dress Code Requirements
- Shirts and blouses will not come above the waistband of the pants or skirts when both arms are fully raised above the head. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times.
- Pants shall be worn so that the waistband is worn at the waist. No underclothing may be exposed. Skirts, shorts and dresses shall be no shorter than mid-thigh in length.
- For young ladies: Shirts must be buttoned appropriately without showing any cleavage.
- Appropriate sizes shall be worn by all students. Oversized and undersized clothing are not permitted.
Students may not wear clothing, or other attire that are offensive, suggestive or indecent, such as:
- Clothing associated with gangs or encouraging the use of drugs, alcohol or violence.
- Clothing associated with discrimination on the basis of age, color, handicap, national origin, marital status, race, religion or gender.
- Clothing exposing the torso or upper thighs such as see-through garments, mini skirts, halter tops, backless dresses, tube tops or tank tops.
- Clothing not properly fastened or with tears that are indecent.
- Footwear that is construed by the principal and/or his designee as hazardous or dangerous to the safety of the student — no flip-flops!
- Large pieces of jewelry, such as big chains, earrings or bracelet