Included on this page are highlights from our policies and procedures. The Ethel Taylor Student Handbook includes more detail on each of these items.
As a reminder, our hours are:
- School Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
- Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
To report an absent child, call the school office or email us using this Absence Reporting Form.
Student behavior that distracts bus drivers is a hazard to the vehicle's safe operation, and jeopardizes the safety and welfare of all passengers. Misbehavior while on a yellow school bus or a Metro bus can result in disciplinary action for the student or the suspension of transportation service for the student. Read more about our requirements for student behavior on buses.
Cell Phone Policy
- Cell phones and entertainment electronics, such as headphones, CD players, pagers, video games, radios, MP3 players, etc. are not permitted during the school day.
- Cell phones are only to be used in an emergency. Cell phones and entertainment electronics will be confiscated if seen or heard by school staff. They will be returned to parents only.
- Parents — please understand that students have access to the office phone to contact parents.
- In case of emergency parents/guardians may reach their student by calling the main office at (513) 363-3600.
Review CPS' Code of Conduct for disciplinary procedures.
Students who attend Ethel Taylor Academy are required to dress in their school uniform every day. Learn more about our school uniform policy.
Snow Days and School Delays
Snow days and school delays are announced on our website, local TV and radio stations, CPS' mobile app, and through automated phone calls. Assume school is open unless you hear otherwise. Learn more about CPS' severe weather and emergency closing procedures.
The Ethel Taylor Student Handbook details our policies and procedures.
Visiting During School Hours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians. However, to protect student safety, all visitors must sign in at the main office and wear a visitor's badge. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.