Included on this page are an array of resources to help our families find important information and stay engaged in their child's learning.
Families and Students
Below are links to some of the most important information you’ll need as you prepare your child for a rewarding educational experience in Cincinnati Public Schools.
- CPS Student Health Forms
- CPS Parent and Student Forms
- Food Services
- Severe Weather Procedures
- Talk about Math — This site gives parents easy-to-use activities that teach and engage children in math.
- Cincinnati Public Library
- 50 States and Capitals
- Homework Helper/Study Web
Student Web Links
All Taylor students have access to specific grade-appropriate programs. All of the following programs can be accessed from any computer with Internet access.
There is a specific log-in name and log-in password for each student. Most student know this information by heart (even the kindergartners). If you need this information to help your child in their extended learning, please contact the teacher or Mrs. Anderson (Media Center).
- Ticket to Read — (for pre-school-3rd grade)
- FamilyEducation Network: a Parenting and Education Resource
- The National Parenting Center — A service of Boys and Girls Town.
- Parenting Perspective — Parent News
- LifeMatters — Parenting in Respectful, Democratic, and Non-Punitive Ways
Health and Nutrition Sites
- KIDSHEALTH — Information for Parents, kids, and teens.
- Your Child's Nutrition — The Power of Parents
- Growing Well in Cincinnati — Rresources from the Public Library of Hamilton County
For children who are experiencing homelessness, the risk of falling behind academically is significantly greater. Project Connect helps clear barriers to education for families who are homeless. From assisting with enrollment and promoting attendance to providing in-school and summer programs, Project Connect provides guidance and support to give a leg up for children and youth who are experiencing homelessness. Learn more about Project Connect and the services it offers.
Schoology (pronounced "Skoo-luh-jee") Communication Tool Now Available — is an integrated learning-management solution that gives students, parents and teachers a new and easy way to connect and communicate.
Google Apps for Education — CPS has adopted Google Apps for Education as a key tool for student learning. Google Apps for Education is a web-based suite of programs provided by Google for schools to use. All Google Apps services can be accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Putting our Technology Tools to Work
Our world is driven by technology. Digital devices and software add a dynamic element that keeps students interested and provide access to tools that prepare them for the future.