About Ethel M. Taylor Academy
It is the mission of Ethel M. Taylor Academy to utilize innovative methods to provide experiences for children to reach their educational and personal potential while nurturing their self-esteem and self-confidence.
Ethel M. Taylor Academy will be a recognized School of Excellence that prepares children for a changing world.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of Millvale.
The following CLC services are available at our school:
- Grad Cincinnati is our Lead Agency and coordinating partner for the Ethel M. Taylor Academy, Community Learning Center (CLC). GRAD Cincinnati provides resource coordination, tutor coordination, direct academic and instructional assistance, enrichment, intervention, remediation, as well as support activities and services.
- University of Cincinnati, Bearcat Buddies provides tutors/mentors.
- Soaring Hawks Foundation
- University of Cincinnati, Department of Education provides tutors/mentors and student teachers every semester. The UC TAP Program provides a TAP student Intern.
- St. Joseph Orphanage, School-Based Services.
- City of Cincinnati, Health Department, School-Based Health Center.
Our Resource Coordinator
Monica Keenon is the Resource Coordinator for Ethel Taylor Academy.
The key component of a CLC is the partners who provide services and support. To manage and align these valuable partnerships, our full-time, on-site Resource Coordinator, Monica Keenon, plays an integral role in the success of the Community Learning Center.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact Monica Keenon at (513) 363-3614 or via email.
Local School Decision-Making Committee (LSDMC)
LSDMC is a group of parents, teachers and community representatives. The group functions in an advisory role to the principal, to determine program, policy and budget issues for the school.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Tours are also available on request. To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-3600.